AdPaid.com

Friday, September 01, 2006

OASIS TRICK

"Our records indicate that you have already passed this Step or Step Component or the equivalent NBME® Part."
Those are the words that i have been waiting to read for over 4 weeks now. I really thought that i would have 2 more weeks of waiting for my STEP 2 CK results. whew! At least, my waiting time has been shortened. However, i guess i should've mailed my documents to ECFMG sooner. Had i known, i would've. But there's nothing i could do about it now. I will have to wait some more now for my documents to be scanned before i can apply for the match. Oh well, a few more days won't kill me. I'm sure those programs would have to wait just a few days longer for my application.
The OASIS trick has always been somewhat unnerving. You hate to think that IWA will let you apply. Yet you long for those words: "Our records indicate that you have already passed this Step or Step Component or the equivalent NBME® Part." It is somewhat bittersweet to have to wait so long yet read those words. I guess waiting isn't so bad. Now, onto the match. At least when my documents have been scanned and uploaded, that is. Sigh.
For those that do not know how to do the OASIS trick, I'll give you a (very) brief breakdown:
1. Check OASIS for when your score has been reported.
2. If your score has been reported, try to apply for that same exam at IWA.
3. If you pass, you will read those wonderful words mentioned above. If you do not see those words and it lets you apply, it is not necessarily the end of the world. Nothing is final until you have taht piece of paper (your score result) in your hands.
* the oasis trick is not an exact science. although there seems to be a high degree of accuracy in pass/fail, it is not always correct. best wait for the official test score in the mail.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks. that really helped. good luck to you

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home